Woodhouse College in Finchley, London, is one of top 3 sixth-form colleges in the country and is one of the leading places to study A levels in London.
We have developed a number of bespoke, secure, mobile-friendly public-facing and internal web apps for Woodhouse College
Woodhouse College required a bespoke mobile-friendly web app which would provide the following:
- Mobile-friendly website where all content can be updated with ease through a Content Management System
- Student application and management system
- Job vacancy application and management system
- Student interview management system
- Reference management system
- A virtual learning environment
- Content optimised for search engines
We developed a bespoke mobile-friendly web app with a secure back-end admin system.
We also developed a VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) web app which is integrated with the College's internal MIS systems with the following features:
- Student work placement management system
- Teacher & tutor reporting system
- Events management system
- Attendance SMS sending system (to advise parents when students have not attended lessons)
- Cause for concern reporting system
- Course materials
- Staff development request and management system
- Student profiles
- UCAS predicted grades management system
The mobile-friendly website has proved very popular with all stakeholders (students, parents, governors and teachers) and also with Woodhouse College admin staff due to the ease of student application and interview management as well as managing staff vacancies and selection. The system has resulted in a significant reduction in admin time.
New Media Aid has been our development partner for both our website and virtual learning environment since 2004. The quality of service has been consistently exceptional in every way. I would be very happy to recommend them for any development and as a highly reliable long term partner as well as for short term projects.
John Rubinstein, Principal